Miller fortune ad campaign

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that in another year we wont see Miller Fortune on store shelves. I think they laid an egg on this one.

Doubly so here in Utah where sale of beer in grocery stores and gas stations is limited to 4%abv. Miller could have opted to offer their beer at full strength at the state run liquor store and in bars and restaurants but they opted to nerf it and offer it as a 4%abv beer on grocery store shelves. Doing that bars them from offering the higher abv version anywhere in the state.

I always thought it would be a short lived beer, especially when light hoppy beers are somewhat of an in thing right now.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I always thought it would be a short lived beer, especially when light hoppy beers are somewhat of an in thing right now.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

It will be interesting to see what happens. I thought Bud Select wouldn't last... Who needs another light adjunct lager? Stupid that it's taking shelf space.

This is really bizarre. Like everyone has said, beers are not distilled. Whiskey originated from the Celts distilling beer, just like brandy originated from the Romans distilling wine. Most whiskey around the world is primarily made from barley. Scotch, Irish, Canadian, Japanese, etc. Primarily barley. True, there are no hops in whiskey, but hops were not used in beer when whiskey was first invented. And in most parts of the world, the first large step of making whiskey is making old-fashioned beer (that is not meant to be drank). For other ingredients, bourbon is the only whiskey in the world that I can think of which is primarily corn (at least 51% by US law). There is, of course, rye whiskey too (which is mainly an American and Canadian style of whiskey), which is primarily rye. And on and on. But I'm digressing.

As a long time fan of distilled drinks (whiskey, brandy, rum, vodka, tequila, gin, etc.), I can say that, even if a distilled beverage (which beer is not) was un-distilled, it would not be able to be called the same thing. For example, un-distilled brandy is wine, but it would be deceptive to call wine "un-distilled brandy."

How do they think that a 6.9% ABV beer is going to take the spirits market where 40% ABV is the lowest and can go all the way up to 96% ABV (neutral grain spirits)? There are liquor drinkers like myself who love beer as well, but most of us are not attracted by a beer if it supposedly is similar to a spirit. Plus spirits tend to be expensive. Miller is cheap as dirt. Confusing stuff...

I tried the beer and it really had no flavor to it at all. The one I bought had 6.9% alcohol in it. To me it tasted like a pimped up Bud lite with more alcohol. Not really that balanced for what it is. They say it has Cascade hops in it somewhere, not sure where though for I really did not taste much of that. The good new is that the labels come off real easy. Throw them in some water and within 15 minutes and BAM they are off.

It's terrible. I saw 12 packs on sale at the grocery store for $6. I thought I would try it out. Sucks. Even my neighbor who always drinks cheap beer did not care for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Developed to be served in a rocks glass, Miller Fortune is brewed with specially-roasted caramel malt and cascade hops for a moderately bitter flavor with a hint of sweetness. The brand attributes communicate a sophisticated edge meant to inspire consumers to turn any occasion into something unforgettable.

And if it's not a spirit or a cocktail, well then, it has cascade hops, so it must be a craft beer!

I inherently know that the entire point of the beer is simply a ploy to get a bit of market share from groups of men who don't know much about beer and want to look like they are drinking something of substance. I know it affects my life in no way. I know it should be something I just shake my head at and move on..... But, damn, every time I see the commercials (which is too much) for this beer, it just pisses me off because the entire concept is so utterly stupid. Merely seeing the commercial makes me want to drink....... not their beer though, but mine. I guess it is not such a bad product after all, and has at least one redeeming quality:tank:

Back