Mid west and southern Beer fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamorin

Reaction score
I've had a few friends of mine come back from some fest far from the east coast and heard something that kinda pisses me off.

Instead of having all the customers wait outside in a line until the time to drink happens and then they allow to enter.

Where they went they allowed you to get id'd , took your ticket and gave your cups to you and then allowed you to stand in line at your respected brewery. Way before the serving time happened.

So my question is , why aren't we doing this in New England , NYC and Maryland. Those are the only places I've been for fests.

If you look at it the way I am , you know the events if u don't get there a hour early you'll be at the far end of the line possibly losing I'd say anywhere from 15-45 mins depending on place in line.

That's ******** for the drinkers who drink the whole time , I payed for that time. Plus for me I'll lose time because of food , taking a piss and forget about it if I want to talk to anyone about the beer.

I just think they should let us in before hand and save me from getting banned from BA.com for bringing this up lol.

EDIT:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You're right OP.

I often show up for holiday parties an hour before they start, while my relatives are still cleaning and setting up, just to grab an empty beer glass and plate. That way, I'm ready to go once the party starts.

I constantly wonder why all these fascist beerfest organizers don't allow me to do the same.

Back