Micromatic regulator knob mod?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fimpster

Reaction score
I just scored a micromatic co2 regulator and half full 5# tank from a cl find. The regulator is they type that needs a screwdriver for adjustment. Is there any reason why I should not just jb weld a large fender washer in the slot so I can turn by hand?

Did you end up doing this fimpster? I've got a new anti-tamper micromatic that needs an allen key to adjust. I've only had it one week and it's already a PITA.

At the least I might cut a length of allen key off, weld/attach a tap to the short length, and leave that sitting in there so that I'm not actually messing with the regulator itself.

Did you end up doing this fimpster? I've got a new anti-tamper micromatic that needs an allen key to adjust. I've only had it one week and it's already a PITA.

At the least I might cut a length of allen key off, weld/attach a tap to the short length, and leave that sitting in there so that I'm not actually messing with the regulator itself.

Sorry for the slow reply, I was out of town. Yes I did it with a fender washer. No problems so far, and I don't foresee any.

Back