micromatic line cleaning bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen these?http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/line-cleaning-pid-M801246KS.html I was at a beerfest this weekend and they had these hooked up to glass rinsers.

I use two standard pin lock tanks on wheels for line and tap cleaning.
One is filled with PBW and one with SaniClean, works very well.

SaniCart-1-1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Just to be clear, OP....You're wanting to use this instead of a keg to actually keg your beer? Not as a home for cleaning solution to clean lines? Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing because I think you and ClaudiusB are on different wavelengths. Or I could be wrong...

looks like youd hafta go set and forget method if you tried it cuz it looks like itd blow up if you tried 30 psi in it although it says 60...just something to think about

I have had one of these for about 3 or 4 years. It is great for cleaning my lines, but I wouldn't use it to keg beer. When I uncouple it, if it is still pressurized it leaks a bit. I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if it was left tapped, but it just doesn't seem like anything I would be warm and fuzzy with.

Not to mention it wouldn't hold that much beer. A growler or two would be better IMHO for take-along situations.

That is still higher in cost than two corny kegs. Another drawback I thought of is the long term exposure of the plastic to various beers. Think about what an Ale Pail smells like after a batch.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, just that I don't think it is a good corny replacement.

Latest posts

Back