Mexican cerveza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryhop

Reaction score
So I bottled up my Witbeir turned out great.and while im waiting for that to carbonate I wanna brew up a mexican cerveza and keg it how long in the primary before I keg it?

That’s a pretty tough question to answer without more info. Recipe, yeast and planned fermentation conditions would help a lot.

My Mexican lagers are typically 1.040-1.050, 70% malted barley and 30% flaked maize, give or take. I warm ferment them with 34/70 at 62-65 degrees.Fermentation: 8-10 days, cold crash and gelatin for 3-4, then keg. So 11-14 days is my grain to keg timeline. Again, that’s my process based on my recipe and fermentation conditions.

So its a brewers best kit with s23 lager yeast 68-72 fermentation temp

I’ve never used S23 so I don’t really know how it’ll taste after fermenting that warm.

In reasonable theory, you can keg once it’s done fermenting. Which will probably be less than a week at those temps. Cold conditioning (lagering) in the keg is also an option which will help with clarity.

If it were me, I’d do a little interneting to figure out if I wanted to ferment S23 at that high of a temp first. Then go from there.

Back