maybe a noob question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian13

Reaction score
Can bacteria be introduced to beers after they have been bottled? I wouldn't think so, but tonight is the night of being paranoid about everything.

Damian13 said:
Can bacteria be introduced to beers after they have been bottled? I wouldn't think so, but tonight is the night of being paranoid about everything.

I mean, if there were none in there prior to capping, then no. Also, the alcohol in your bottled beer acts as an antibacterial, for the most part. Paranoid?

Sure they can. The culprit would more than likely be the bottles at that point. But unless you didn't clean and sanitize your bottling bucket, tubing, siphon and bottles you really are worrying about nothing.

Now is time to start your next batch, it will help with the "did I eff up my beer worries".

Cheers!

Now is time to start your next batch, it will help with the "did I eff up my beer worries".

Cheers!

I'll get on that first thing tomorrow. Now is the time to drink a few beers. That should help too.:mug:

Back