May 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will split the candied sugar. Can you add it to the docs lost? I am without a real computer. The me is derfh. Also can you pmfji with the payment info.

Thanks. Derf

derfh said:
I will split the candied sugar. Can you add it to the docs lost? I am without a real computer. The me is derfh. Also can you pmfji with the payment info.

Thanks. Derf

Meant syrup

So everyone it is time to send in your checks. If you don't have my address send me a PM. If you do have my address please make the check out to Down the Road Brewery inc. I went over the sheet and it is correct. If you have extras like spices that you want send me a PM with the number, item name and price. Then add the total of the spices to your order.

be sure to include your HBT user name on your check so Donovan can figure out who you are

Also I would like to thank everyone who donated to myself and Donovan
It's cool to know our efforts are appreciated
Thanks again

Ok here are the checks I have so far:

Ted75
Jaylafort
Gdingman
SATPH
Golfduke
smartin73
ApatheticNow
DerfH
Babski

If you need my mailing address please send me a PM

I haven't seen it yet but I will post them as they come in. I don't deposit any of the checks till they all come in just in case something gets FUBARed.

Ok here are the checks I have so far:

Ted75
Jaylafort
Gdingman
SATPH
Golfduke
smartin73
ApatheticNow
DerfH
Babski
Satisfaction
TDOGTT10
BryngelBrau
Skipper74
VonX

We have about half of the payments in. If you don't have the address please send me a PM. Please don't make me spend an hour sending PMs to everyone that needs to pay.

Thanks again for organizing this buy. Will you be waiting for all the checks to come in before depositing? I'm so spoiled in the age of paypal that I'm not used to having to balance accounts against checks :)

Yep going to wait till all the checks come in. I used to use PayPal for this but folks kept putting it was for the grain buy in the comments. The folks at PayPal threatened to ban me so now we are stuck with checks.

This is our updated check list.

Ted75
Jaylafort
Gdingman
SATPH
Golfduke
smartin73
ApatheticNow
DerfH
Babski
Satisfaction
TDOGTT10
BryngelBrau
Skipper74
VonX
bige9920
philw86
Kojack84
Redman67
godrick

So we are just waiting on 2 checks to complete the order. Once I get all the checks I am going to deposit the checks. Once they all clear the bank normally 2 to 4 days. I will place the order. Hopefully the folks will get the checks to me soon.

Hey guys we need to get this money in to Donovan THIS WEEK

I'm going in for surgery on the 2nd of August and I need to receive this grain before then

It will take a few days for the checks to clear and place the order before scheduling delivery for the week of July 29

Don't be the one who messes it up for everyone else

Thanks

crazyirishman34 said:
I used to use PayPal for this but folks kept putting it was for the grain buy in the comments. The folks at PayPal threatened to ban me so now we are stuck with checks.

Why would PayPal ban you for that? I'm interested because the last group buy I was in I did that, and if it's going to cause problems I'll let our organizer know. Maybe a personal acct vs commercial?

Amazon Payments may also be a good substitute for PayPal. Never any fees for any transactions there. Highly recommended

At this point can the rest of us order a little more to make up for those that didn't send a check? I could order another bag or split and order with others just to get the ball rolling. Just let us know.

last I heard for Donovan we were waiting for two checks and he had heard from one of them
The other order was pretty big at over 125 so we would need to make up a lot

My buddy would like to add in a bag of pearl if we need to add a few more to make up for what we need to fill too.

Crazy Irish, what is the total remaining amount we need to cover? If we have an official number, we can all organize around what we need to cover and I can get you another check and I am sure the others will do the same.

Hey if I am the one holding it up, although I sent the payment via BofA on 7/1, lemme know and I'll drive a check to Newton Monday morning the 22nd

Hi All, I may be the holdup.

My first check never made it to Donovan. I have no idea why. It was mailed the week of the 4th, but never got there. We were waiting to see if it arrived, but it never did. Last week, we agreed to meet today in person. This was the earliest we could meet. I apologize to all for the hold up, but I don't know why my first check was never received. Driving in person to deliver my second check seemed to be the safest way to make sure there were no other mix-ups.

Thanks,
Marc

Ok so with the PayPal issue they called me and informed me that if I continued to use the gift option to accept payments for goods I would be banned. The folks at PayPal must have a filter for the comments that flags certain things. Since I do use my PayPal account to make a few bucks here and there I didn't want to get banned. I do have Amazon payments so I would be willing to take that for the next buy. The last buy the checks were pretty easy to deal with so I figured this time would be too.

The person that is holding things up is Brewstopher. I sent him a finial notice just now via PM and if he doesn't respond to me by 5pm EST his place will be revoked. Tdogg and RichMA are going to fill the 3 bags that will be open. He did commit to .25 of PBW the first PM that I get that wants it gets it.

Latest posts

Back