Max yeast attenuation with Mauribrew Weiss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpmeguys

Reaction score
Hi. I have a brew that started at 1060 and appears to have stalled at 1022....it consists of 3kgs of LME and 1kg of DME with a 500g mash of chocolate malt in 4 litres (steeped at 70-80 deg celcius for 30mins) which was then boiled with the DME and hops to get a mini wort. All made to 25 litres total volume. The yeast I used was dried Mauribrew Weiss....temps were around 25 deg.

I was a little fearful reading the yeast data sheet that I might kill the yeast with such a high potential alcohol level. Do you think this is what has happened? Also, is it possible that I over heated the chocolate malt and have lost usable sugars by doing so?
Currently it looks like 5%. If this yeast cannot handle the level of alcohol would it mean that bottling would result in flat beer? I'm guessing yes so maybe I need to add a higher alcohol capable yeast to ensure i can get a good fizz from my end product and finish eating the sugar that is still present.

Your thoughts and experience are very much welcome.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Home Brew mobile app

Back