Massachusetts Masstoberfest 2016 Ten years and going strong.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait!

I'm so excited. I just can't hide it.
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Oh, wait. No. That was a song from a 1982 dance at the NCO club when I was in the Army I think.

I drink, you know.

I would attend to give NY pizza making tutorials (the only pizza style worth eating as far as I'm concerned), but I lost my nut cracker at a clam bake. I would need a nut cracker, right?

I'll brew. Why not, someone has to make crappy beer, right? But I am not eligible for the Cup, right?

Why aren't you eligible?

The rules clearly state that "The winner shall be determined by a majority vote of previous winners present on the day of the event, based on their determination that the winner has best exemplified the spirit of Masstoberfest, and/or by any chicanery or bullshi+ maneuvers that Paul may try to pull off in order to stick some unlucky soul with the sobriquet of 'Masstoberfest Cup Winner'."

Where does that say no repeats? You've seen me. Do I look like a guy who has a problem with seconds?

Damn, excepting Dakota pulling a repeat 'Phantom of the Brewhaus' performance I'd say you're the odds on favorite.

(If for no other reason than Yooper punked out of taking the damned thing home last year and the lovely Alice's patience might be tested if I tried to keep the thing in my house for two years in a row.)

Before I flex my powers as Mr Masstoberfest and just summarily overrule you I'd like to hear your reasoning for being against repeat winners.

Stop waving it around and put it away Paulie. My reason is simple.... If telling him that he is not going to get the trophy gets his a$$ to your house to brew on Masstoberfest TELL HIM THAT.
I would love to see Speedy Brewer there this year before the opera also (hopefully not Speedo Brewing).
What about Mort????!!! And the_bird?
None of you wants to see the trainwreck of two 'mature' women brewers actually brewing. It's a man's hobby.

... if Masstoberfest becomes the best thing that happens to me all year, I'm just going to take all my money out of the bank, cash in the IRA, sell every piece of property I own and start a new life under an assumed identity. Clearly this life is FUBAR.

Putz.... i will be there, brewing a Jameson stout. might hide down in the
valley wilest i brew ... :beard: ( demmit, need to hit quote )

... if Masstoberfest becomes the best thing that happens to me all year, I'm just going to take all my money out of the bank, cash in the IRA, sell every piece of property I own and start a new life under an assumed identity. Clearly this life is FUBAR.

Good idea. Or just sell it all and buy a new boat.

It's kind of like copping a solid squat. Maybe not the highlight of your day but you would be really unhappy if you missed it.

Everyone join in to bust Mort's balls... "I don't know, Paul. I'm on a red eye home from Hawaii and I don't get in till almost 1. I'll be pretty tired."

Da fuq? What a 'derogatory term for female genitalia.' He'll be spending a week in Hawaii. Then he comes home. Seated in first class, on the company dime, with hot and cold running stewardesses, reclined, with warm blankets and a couple glasses of white Zinfandel to go with his poi. And he's going to be tired.

What a 'derogatory term for female genitalia.'

If I come down, I'm brewing. Not spending seven hours in the car just to talk to you assclowns. But not sure if I'm coming or not.

You better show up! So it's 7 hours in the car. Big deal! I have three hours in the car, plus a 7 hour flight/airport time. Each way. I would miss you so much if you didn't make it.

Back