Marmalade and sugar content

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
I just made a Sasion and missed my numbers on it. I used 20oz of orange marmalade that was sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. My guess it that I calculated the amount of sugar from the marmalade incorrectly since if I remove the sugar in inserted because marmalade wasn't in the software I hit the numbers. So I have two questions. 1. Does HFCS work like sugar? 2. I took the grams of sugar per serving and use that number to calculate how much marmalade need. How should I have done it?

Thanks

Thats how I did it... and I ended up a little hot as well! But man, that wit was good.

HFCS just ferments out really dry.

Got to brew wheat... maybe monday. got 10 gallons done friday.

Do you have a disc for your tractor? we renting one? lets talk! I am home Monday. I am out of town Wednesday through Tuesday.

And they are now going to ask for a recipe and the numbers, as we have no idea if you were high or low. Assuming high....

its a saison... ferment it HOT! put it in the attic!

I missed low. I made a ghetto fermenter that I can regulate the temp that my 10 gal conical fermenter fits into along with 4 5 gal buckets too. It is at 81F today and I was going to increase it a degree or so a day or when I remember.

I'm home Monday. How about lunch. The hops are growing away too.

Back