Quantcast

march pump

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

docmoran

Reaction score
man I am bummed -- can anyone help. did my first ag today after many many many trial runs with system/ water -- ran my boiling wort through march pump into therminator and out like a gem. Ten minutes later for clean up pump wont pump - runs but no pumping?? did I burn 125 bucks in one brew?? what do - is this normal -- do I take it apart ?? help please.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Did you use any whole hops? They could have gotten lodged in the impeller/pump head. Taking it apart is not a big deal. Are you sure it's not just airlocked and needs priming?

OP
D

docmoran

Reaction score
just blew backwards with baster and it went fine -- your right - blocked with debris -- of to the races again thanks

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
just blew backwards with baster and it went fine -- your right - blocked with debris -- of to the races again thanks
If you're using a pump and a plate chiller, you want to take some steps to prevent debris from getting in either (especially in the chiller).

noisy123

Reaction score
If you're using a pump and a plate chiller, you want to take some steps to prevent debris from getting in either (especially in the chiller).
Yes. Like this:
Hop Filter
I used it for two brews this weekend (pellet and whole hops). I used to have clogging problems with my gravity-fed CFC. No longer.