March pump squeal!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Um, got my new pump today, is it supposed to squeal like a banshee when it is not pumping fluid, WOW... LOUD

The Pol said:
Um, got my new pump today, is it supposed to squeal like a banshee when it is not pumping fluid, WOW... LOUD

I just got my first one yesterday. Hopefully I can order the second one next week. haven't turned it on yet though

Im tempted to figure out a way to put it to use on when Im doing a 5 gallon batch tomorrow. I just want to see it pump wort.

I built my manifolds and installed my pump tonight... played around with it, fired up the keggle, transferred water between vessels. It works pretty nicely! I am glad that I have a "drain" valve on the OUTlet side and I am learning the secrets behind getting the pump primed. They can be pretty finicky. I also need to get some hose clamps, even with the reinforced hoses, when pumping HOT water they get limp enough to shoot off the ball valves... ugly.
I will admit, brewing is not going to be as easy as it was before, this just added one more thing to go wrong LOL

Mine sounds beautiful now in its new home!

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

The Pol said:

If it squeals, then I am sorry to say, you gotta take her outside behind the woodshed and shoot her !, sad but true , you gotta put her down, she'll be better off that way :drunk:

Back