Quantcast

March pump squeal!!!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

The Pol

Reaction score
Um, got my new pump today, is it supposed to squeal like a banshee when it is not pumping fluid, WOW... LOUD

mr x

Reaction score
Pumps can make a lot of racket when not under load and with nothing to dampen the noise.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
The Pol said:
Um, got my new pump today, is it supposed to squeal like a banshee when it is not pumping fluid, WOW... LOUD

I just got my first one yesterday. Hopefully I can order the second one next week. haven't turned it on yet though

Im tempted to figure out a way to put it to use on when Im doing a 5 gallon batch tomorrow. I just want to see it pump wort.

OP
The Pol

The Pol

Reaction score
I built my manifolds and installed my pump tonight... played around with it, fired up the keggle, transferred water between vessels. It works pretty nicely! I am glad that I have a "drain" valve on the OUTlet side and I am learning the secrets behind getting the pump primed. They can be pretty finicky. I also need to get some hose clamps, even with the reinforced hoses, when pumping HOT water they get limp enough to shoot off the ball valves... ugly.
I will admit, brewing is not going to be as easy as it was before, this just added one more thing to go wrong LOL

B-Dub

Reaction score
I would think loud noises coming from your pump is a bad sign. Mine is very quiet.

OP
The Pol

The Pol

Reaction score
Mine sounds beautiful now in its new home!

mrbowenz

Reaction score
The Pol said:
If it squeals, then I am sorry to say, you gotta take her outside behind the woodshed and shoot her !, sad but true , you gotta put her down, she'll be better off that way :drunk: