Maple wheat fermentation and bottling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirageags

Reaction score
So i made a maple dunkelweizen using maple sap in place of water, as well as a pint of syrup at flameout. Gravity was high, 1.079. Fermentation was slow to start, like 2 days. After a week in primary, i checked it at 1.060 (still way high) and put it in secondary. Fermenration renewed, and it has been in secondary almost 2 weeks now and still activity in the airlock..
Question is, if i try bottling this now after 3 weeks would the bottles explode becuase it is still actively fermenting, after adding even more sugar in the form of prime sugar? Anyone else experience a long fermentation process with maple?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have no experience with the process and ingredients you're using but until your beer reaches a stable gravity you will run the risk of gushers if not bottle bombs.

So your best bet is to wait til signs of fermentation are complete and check the gravity over a 2-3 day period. Once its stable go ahead with bottling.

Back