Maple Beer anyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyG

Reaction score
Anyone have any good recipes for a Maple beer. I'm fairly new so I've only doing malt extract with steeped specialty malts so far. Plus I heard of brewing of actual maple tree sap instead of maple syrup, anyone done this before?

Never done it, sounds interesting though. For some reason, using unusual ingredients in beers is striking my fancy now.

I would suspect that using the darkest maple syrup available and using it in your bottling bucket (as a priming solution) would give you more maple flavor than adding it to your boil and letting it ferment out in the carboy. But, I've never done it, so can't say for sure.

Take a look at the bottom of teh page. There are five threads listed with maple in the title. I'm thinking the maple flavor will be overpowering.

I made a batch some years ago with maple syrup that I added to the boil - the last 15 minutes. I don't have my notes in front of me, but I know I didn't add all that much (around a pound, at most). I honestly didn't care for the flavor and haven't made one since.

Back