American Pale Ale Manwell's Pale (Mosaic SMaSH)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing drastic. I added about 1 IBU of hops at 0 minutes, then chilled to 75C to do the hop stand, which I did for 30 minutes, instead of 20. (My hops were also rated at 11.4% in alpha acids, so I had to compensate for that in planning my brew day.)

I'm not a massively experienced home brewer but, for what it's worth, I can safely say it was the nicest beer I've brewed.

Let us know how you get on.

I intend to make it again exactly the same way at the next opportunity. I loved it.

Just want to say I followed the original recipe and just finished the 1st keg of it - it was good enough we brewed another 5 gallons a week ago just switching out for Kveik yeast. Thanks for posting the original recipe - easy and a great beer.

Its waiting for an open tap in the keezer and cold crashed for the last few days. Used Omega Kveik Hothead and it chewed thru it - will post with comparisons to original recipe results.

I have brewed this 3 times now, it is very good. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the recipe !

Latest posts

Back