Mangrove Jacks Kveik IPA Stuck Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeh

Reaction score
I completed the kit above 5 days ago now with 1kg of dextrose. Day 1 and 2 were very active so i added the dry hops. But by day 3 i activity slowed down so i checked Gravity and it was only 1.035.... So i gave it a shake and upped the temp from 30c to 32.5c to try and restart it. Day 5 and its only come down to 1.030 when the FG is 1.009.
Any suggestions? It came with two yeast packets but i only used one as suggested by people who have already done this kit. Should i add the other packet to kick start it and raise temp some more? Thanks

I completed the kit above 5 days ago now with 1kg of dextrose. Day 1 and 2 were very active so i added the dry hops. But by day 3 i activity slowed down so i checked Gravity and it was only 1.035.... So i gave it a shake and upped the temp from 30c to 32.5c to try and restart it. Day 5 and its only come down to 1.030 when the FG is 1.009.
Any suggestions? It came with two yeast packets but i only used one as suggested by people who have already done this kit. Should i add the other packet to kick start it and raise temp some more? Thanks
@lumpher's question above is important. If you're using a refractometer, you need to use a calculator to get the true reading as refractometers are not accurate when there is alcohol present. If you're using a hydrometer, this seems very strange to me and my only guess would be you got a bad or old package of yeast. Every kveik strain I've used ever has just absolutely blasted through the wort and is at FG in less than 2 days.

Back