Mango cider hmmm....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindiB

Reaction score
Well I bought a mango rita that budwiezer makes and wow was it good so I was thinking mango cider if anybody has imput about this idea of mine would love the feed back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

I have one going right now. 1/2 mango nectar, 1/2 Aj, 2 pounds of frozen mango. Hefeweizen yeast. They work really we'll, this is my second batch (adding a sliver of habañero makes it 10x better)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

dang that sounds awesome

I've made some mango hot sauces with habenaro in them....good stuff.
Would be interesting to taste what they do to a cider.

Well I'm just guna have to do this one but I want the right amout of sugar and I'm guna use ale yeast so csimmons21 u got a recipe to share ???

Think I'm guna use this swad kessar mango pulp its got sugar added and the mango pulp is really good think its time for another experiment .... after I free up another carboy

I'm gunna assume you're making a 5 gallon batch. I would do half apple half mango, since mango is somewhat of a subtle flavor I would ease up on the added sugar and maybe shoot for a final abv of around 6-7% and, if you have any, definitely add a pound of maltodextrin for body. Add all the juice and frozen fruit to your carboy, add any additive you like to the juice, and pitch your yeast. Keep it simple and you won't be dissapointed. You will prolly need to rack at least 3 times buts that's alright. If I were you I would keep adding fresh fruit to each subsequent racking to keep the flavor building as well as topping off only with mango juice/nectar. Think of this more as a wine that will be carved than a cider.

Let me know if need more detailed info, I'm on a train and feeling pretty lazy after work. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No I'm guna do 3 gal

SWMBO loves the Budweiser Razzberitas, and I'm trying to create a razz cider for her.

2 gallons AJ
1 lb (frz) raspberries in mesh bag)
1/2 tsp Yeast nutrient
US-04 Ale Yeast
will backsweeten/carb with .5lb Raspberry honey

How does 3068 taste in an apple cider? Only used for Hefe's, but love the banana esters it kicks off.

Back