Man, I Just Can't Win...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
So, first, my dual regulator shows up last week with one of the dials broken. Luckily, I had a spare single regulator, so I just used a dial from that one. I contacted kegconnection and they said they'd get the replacement out to me.

Then I take my craigslist-scored CO2 tank to get refilled, and they say it's got an expired inspection and they'll have to send it off for 8 days. Luckily, even though the gauge had said "replace tank", it still had more than half the product left, so it's still fine. But the time will come soon when I'll need it filled...and I don't wanna go 8 days without draft, so I called kegconnection and asked that they send another 5lb CO2 tank along with the replacement gauge...and while they're at it, a new liquid post and a gas disconnect...that way, I'll be able to hook up a 3rd keg, toss it in the freezer, and tap it with my picnic tap.

I get the UPS shipment today. First off, it's a liquid disconnect. Secondly, the replacement gauge isn't in there.

Mother F*CKER! :mad:

jeepers, I hope my entry to keg world is less filled with mishaps. Sorry to hear for the delays!

I hate to get pissy, you know, because Bj at kegconnection has been really cool...and I'm sure he'll send it to me ASAP, but damnit, I was all ready to put my smoked porter on co2 tonight.

Evan! said:
I hate to get pissy, you know, because Bj at kegconnection has been really cool...and I'm sure he'll send it to me ASAP, but damnit, I was all ready to put my smoked porter on co2 tonight.

Dropped expectations suck.

Is there another place around where you can try to swap out your tank? I brought an expired coca cola tank to a praxair distributor and they didn't even give it a glance. Just a thought.

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Well, it's no big deal. I already got the new tank, and it's filled already, so when the old one runs out, I'll just let 'em send it to Richmond.

8 days seems rather wasteful. I use a fire extinguisher supply for my tanks. Next day service on certifications and while you wait service on fills.

Maybe you should check around your area for another service supplier.

Latest posts

Back