Malts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyRaygun

Reaction score
Is a caramel malt the same as a cara-Vienna malt? Is cara-Vienna a grain? I'm asking because I'm going to attempt a recipe posted on my local home brew store website (a texans bock) and it calls for multiple extracts and malts.

More so, I would like to enter the ingredients into iHomebrew Master so that I can track my steps. One of the ingredients being malts and if they are a liquid, grain or dry malt, etc.

European and American Maltsters tend to have their own names for malts. Most of them cross if you do a little research. Some malts like honey and Victory tend to be a little unique.

Thanks to you both. I think iBrewMaster is setup properly. I'll confirm tomorrow after my trip to the home brew store.

Thanks again!

I spent all the money on iBrewmaster and still use the 99 cent brewpal. I can't seem to change the efficiency on either which sucks because I get over 80%. Brewpal 75% and brewmaster 70%. Its annoying.

Latest posts

Back