Makita LXT Li-Ion promotion going on now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
I just bought a new cordless drill this past weekend and wanted to share with everyone that Makita has a really good sale going on right now. You basically get an extra tool free with your purchase.

Makita - Promotions

There cordless drills are the best in the business IMHO and this deal really sweetens things.

Anyway, I hope this can help someone if they were thinking of picking up any of these tools int he near future.

:mug:

Grrr... I could really use a new cordless drill, but I just bought a wet saw over the weekend, so the_Wife would kill me if I dropped more coin on new tools (especially since she *knows* I have a corded drill that works just fine... :rolleyes:).

Grrr... I could really use a new cordless drill, but I just bought a wet saw over the weekend, so the_Wife would kill me if I dropped more coin on new tools (especially since she *knows* I have a corded drill that works just fine... :rolleyes:).

Step 1:
Wait two weeks

Step 2:
Disassemble current cordless

Step 3:
Remove a key screw or small component

Step 4:
Reassemble

Step 5:
Use the cordless on a small task in the next couple days

Step 6:
Report to your wife that the cordless is dead and you can't figure out how to fix it

Step 7:
Wait a couple days

Step 8:
Come up with a project your wife really wants done but requires the cordless

Step 9:
Tell your wife you would like to buy a new cordless, you have researched said cordless drills and found a great deal

Step 10:
Sell the idea of the new cordless buy telling her how you will immediately dot he project she wants done that requires the use of the cordless.

Step 11:
Actually do the project so the next time you pull something like this, your story has credibility.

You see it is a simple 11 step process to cordless heaven. You have until June 30 after all. :D

Step 1:
Wait two weeks

Step 2:
Disassemble current cordless

Step 3:
Remove a key screw or small component

Step 4:
Reassemble

Step 5:
Use the cordless on a small task in the next couple days

Step 6:
Report to your wife that the cordless is dead and you can't figure out how to fix it

Step 7:
Wait a couple days

Step 8:
Come up with a project your wife really wants done but requires the cordless

Step 9:
Tell your wife you would like to buy a new cordless, you have researched said cordless drills and found a great deal

Step 10:
Sell the idea of the new cordless buy telling her how you will immediately dot he project she wants done that requires the use of the cordless.

Step 11:
Actually do the project so the next time you pull something like this, your story has credibility.

You see it is a simple 11 step process to cordless heaven. You have until June 30 after all. :D

Too much work.

Just remember, it's always easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. Unless your SO is like mine... she doesn't care how much I spend on my hobby... a real keeper!!

-John

I love the 11 step process, that's how I ended up with a new finish nailer after she wanted a toybox built for the baby.

Oh, I missed that it was until June. I could use a new circ saw as well; I usually buy decent tools, but my circ saw was one of the first things I bought so I just got a low-end Ryobi. It won't stay square. I've got enough projects coming up that will require both a good drill and the circ saw where I might be able to get something through...

I like the idea of a new drill and never had seen that cordless blower my troy built needs a tune up every year. anyone use it before?

Back