Making my cider to apple wine or apple jack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertdraven

Reaction score
Hi hi, decided I wanted to make my cider into apple wine so I took my 2 gallons , racked it and have added sugar over a period of time and starting to clear out from the top to bottom. Any additional advice since I am very new. Also tempted to make to apple jack, I've read different forums topics and everyone has different ways of doing it. What is the simplest way of doing it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Very Easy. Take your fully fermented, clarified, product and transfer it to a plastic Carboy. Pop it in the deep freezer for 2 days. Remove, invert over a 5 gallon pail, (preferably in a cool area) and let it drain until most all the color is gone. Off the cuff, you should end up with about 1 gallon of jack for every 4 gallons of hard cider you freeze.
Temperature is your control over percent alcohol. Deep freezers get between -20 and - 30. This gets you in the range of 40 to 60 proof respectfully.
Once the product is separated, you can put additives in to soften the "stiff" taste. I use a tube of apple concentrate before I bottle. Then in each bottle I add 1/2 a cinnamon stick. Just like brandy!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392673560.822752.jpg

To the right ice cider, to the left cinnimon apple jack in the back molasses hard cider, burnt honey Hard cider, and honey Cyser

Your 1 gallon of 40-60 proof per 4 gal cider is based on what OG?

Back