Making Beer-Flavored Ice Cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sven11

Reaction score
I got my wife an ice cream maker for Mother's Day and we want to use some left-over home brewing ingredients to make a beer flavored ice cream.

Does anybody have any tips or suggestions for doing this, or any recipes that you have made in the past?

I have had stout ice cream before that was amazing. That would be the style I would add to flavor ice cream. Chocolate coffee stout

we have thought about making it with leftover hops, but do we pour the hop pellets right in or soak them in something and strain the hops out before pouring the liquid in ti the ice cream? it seems like straight hop leaves in the ice cream could cause an upset stomach.

I think straight hops or pellets would be to overpowering. I thought about doing this but using hop extract in a vanilla ice cream.

the SWMBO makes beer ice cream a bunch.
The best was made with my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Porter (Fat Elvis). It was made with beer, not just leftover ingredients. It was awesome.

Did you get the KitchenAid mixer attatchment? Thats what we have. Works really well

Yes after using some other ice cream makers we now use a Kitchenaid model too, and it is great. Some of these recipes look outstanding!

Back