Mahi mahi recipes anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Anyone got a good one, that they would like to share. I did this one last time, but just got a fillet and looking for a new idea.

• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger root, optional
• 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Fish favorite around our place is:

3 whole lemons sliced aprox. 1/4"
Fresh Rosemary
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Tyme
2 cloves Garlic
Aprox. 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt

Salt the fish lightly. Mince all herbs and rub into the fish. On a sheet of heavy duty foil, lay out a bed of lemon slices to cover bottom of the fish. Place fish on lemons and cover with other half of lemon slices. Seal the fish up in the foil and grill over low heat for 4 min per side. Let the fish sit for 5 min in the foil off heat, and enjoy.

that does sound pretty good

usually the way I make it is just wash the fish off, toss some chopped rosemary on there and broil it 5 minutes the first side, 3 the next. Put the lemon slice on it at serving time

Coat both sides with mayo and slap those puppies on a hot grill.

Cook till flakey. The mayo seals in the flavors and keeps it from sticking.

Yeah, think I am going to have to appease the fish gods tomorrow. Tonight is brewing, so it will have to wait.

Cut it into thin strips and use it as bait to catch something worth eating. Like a nice fat grouper...

Fire up the smoker... just plain old lump charcoal. Throw a quart of water in the bowl. I usually add a couple shots of tequila or a beer or two to the bowl as well. let that go for several hours depending on the temp. Squeeze a bit of lemon on it and you're good to go.

Back