MacTarnahan's Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thantos

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I recently took a road trip to Oregon and came across MacTarnahan's Amber Ale, Wow is all I can say! This beer blew me away! Until then I had never heard of them and actually thought I was drinking a Scottish import. So I get home and do a little internet research and find out it looks like they have been around in Portland since about 1987. But that is all I can seem to find out other than a lot of links to Pyramid Brewing. I am trying to find a local vendor who carries them so I can try their other beers. Has anyone had their other brews? If so let me know whats good, and are they a stand alone Micro or are the a part of Pyramid?

I am fortuneately enough to live in the Portland area and have enjoyed MacTarnahan's for years.

I found this site about a year ago and it is great for gift packs and for sourcing Northwest craft beers:

https://www.liquidgratitude.com/

Good luck in your search!

Cheers

Mactarnahan's is made by portland brewing. They were bought/merged with pyramid brewing a few years back. Their beers are pretty good, but for some reason they aren't held in as high regard as other local beers (here in portland). They have a few bottles available, highlander, mactarnahans, blackwatch stout... and some others.

Back