Lup's Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Konvel

Reaction score
Here's my rough draft for my first beer label. I'm just using GIMP at the moment.

This is going to be for my California Common that's currently in the works. Since I'm intending to give some away as gifts, I figured I'd try to make a label for the bottles. Please feel free to comment and critique.

CK-draft.jpg

So all of you who are making labels with figures in them... are you drawing those? I only ask because while I can modify and play with graphics... I'm utterly dumbfounded when I see what some people do.

That is absolutely incredible, btw. Freaky cross between father time and the grim reaper, but I'll go with it.

Very nice, I like, especially the way the font is different color as it reaches the border of his cloak - nice touch.
Only think I'd change would be to put a border around the image, otherwise it's gonna be a freehand cut for the moon... least a border will guide you.
Windaria - I'd be very surprised if ANYONE here is drawing their own objects, unless very simple. For me anyway, it's clipart all the way.
K

kenmc said:
Windaria - I'd be very surprised if ANYONE here is drawing their own objects, unless very simple. For me anyway, it's clipart all the way.
K

Same here. I find my base images with google's image search and then start tinkering with GIMP.

Oh, and LU: that label kicks @$$.

-walker

That's incredible!!! Makes my label look pants (rubbish)!

Thanks for showing us the base image Lupus, I've just installed Gimp, and you have inspired me to start tinkerin. :D

That label is a work of art! I fuss over my labels a long time, but never really made that extra step to do what you have done. Maybe it takes talent?????

milholen said:
dude that label is nice! I live in Hilliard, OH -- can you reccommend any HB clubs in Columbus?
Sweet. Lived in Hilliard for a while until a couple years ago. Honestly can't say I've looked for a HB club around our area, so let me know if you come across any :)

Just a really fine quality label design, just fantastic.

I think I will have to stick to clip art, but I want you to know, by all that is holy, it will be the finest clip art ever clipped.

Or, at least, I will drink fine beer. Yes, that is what I shall do.

It's a gorgeous label you have there! I'm concerned that all of your lovely dots will not come out the way you want. You're gonna need one hell of a good printer to pick up all those little dots and not have them look 'blobby'.

So freakin' cool though! :D

Back