LP gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am building a single tier stand and have been looking at how everyone is hooking up the gas lines. I see a lot of flex line and LP hose but no copper pipe connected to the burners. Is there a reason why? The reason I am asking is because I want to hide the lines along the frame and I think it would look cleaner. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

I have seen a few people use copper to connect the burners to the gas manifold. I think the biggest issue is getting the bends accurate enough to avoid leaks.

I really like the look of copper, and I kind of wish I would have used it for my connections, just for aesthetics. Although the flex line was certainly much easier.

This thread discusses copper lines.

I am building a single tier stand and have been looking at how everyone is hooking up the gas lines. I see a lot of flex line and LP hose but no copper pipe connected to the burners. Is there a reason why? The reason I am asking is because I want to hide the lines along the frame and I think it would look cleaner. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Are you painting your stand? How about painting the lines the same color as the stand? That way they'd blend with everything....if not then this is useless :)

COHOLOX,
I like the look of copper myself. I was wanting to use it all the way to the spot where you connect to the LP tank. I was thinking of using a T connection to split off to each burner.

rgauthier20420,
I was thinking of painting my stand blue or red. I am not sure how the paint would hold up on the copper.

Well after some time and talking with the maintenance guys at work I finally got to work on the gas lines. Ended up having to purchase a pipe cutter, flaring tool and a copper tube bender. All fairly inexpensive.

Tools needed for flare fittings.
Pipe cutter
Flaring tool
Copper pipe bender

20140427_191953.jpg

20140427_192015.jpg

20140427_192215.jpg

Take one end of the copper tubing and put it in the appropriate size hole. I was using 3/8 so that is the hole I used. Make sure the tubing is the same hight as the tool. You can run your finger along the tool to make sure its level. Take the flaring part of the tool and line it up over the tubing. Start turning the flaring tool until it stops.

20140427_192445.jpg

20140427_192541.jpg

The end of the tubing should look like this. I have found the bigger the flare the better it seats when you tighten the fittings.

20140501_204129.jpg

Latest posts

Back