lowering psi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papagayo

Reaction score
When I set up to force carb I don't seem to be able to reduce the psi if I have over opened the valve by mistake. Here's what I do. With the co2 tank shut and the pressure in the regulator reduced to 0, I attach the co2 to the keg, open the c02 and slowly set the psi by opening the valve. Tonight I set it at 15. I came back a minute later and it was actually at 17 so I wanted to lower it, but closing with the valve did nothing, even if I closed it all the way. Is it that I have to wait for the psi to go down? Do I have to release some pressure from the keg to get it to go down?

Any ideas welcome to help this newbie kegger. Thanks.

My regulator doesn't have a valve, it has a screw with a nut lock it in place. I adjust that and it adjusts the set point psi. You'll need to bleed the top valve to reduce pressure if you're already carbed, but otherwise it should be good.

Back