Low carb levels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead10

Reaction score
I have a 2 keg setup and I put my regulator at 14 psi. One beer pours perfectly and the other has minimal carbonation. Both kegs have been on 14 for ~ 4 weeks. One longer but had decent carb levels fairly quickly. What is the issue ?

Any help appreciated, as always!

Do you have a splitter or manifold with separate gauges? It sounds like the gas is not open to one or else the line is plugged. Can you purge the low carbed keg?

Slipgate said:
Do you have a splitter or manifold with separate gauges? It sounds like the gas is not open to one or else the line is plugged. Can you purge the low carbed keg?

Or, the under carbed leg could well have a leak. My guess is that would empty the tank faster than 4 weeks- but maybe not. Just something else to think about.

Do they pour at the same rate?
Poppit valves cleaned and greased? What is the pressure like in the lesser keg when you pull the air release valve? Can you hear co2 coming into the tank after bleeding it out? If there was a leak, I'd think 4 weeks would have emptied your tank, so that's probably not it. That leaves the line and hardware to the keg. Bad poppit, bad gas line connection. Maybe a clogged gas in tube? Hmmmm

Back