Low ABV recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theowlman16

Reaction score
Hello-

Just converted to all grain. I am looking for a recipe that is lower ABV (under 5), not heavy, but full of flavor. The obvious answer is a sessionable IPA, right? What else can I do? Nothin' too outrageous, I'd like to share with the masses, but don't want to make Miller Lite either. I will do my research, but what comes to your mind? I like hoppy, but he flavor doesn't necessarily have to come from the hops. (No lagers yet - have to ferment at room temp)

Wow. No love. How about a favorite low ABV commercial or craft beer? I can always find a clone recipe. What do you like to drink a few of without the large buzz? I'm not a lightweight, I am just a busy dad that really enjoys beer, but has too many responsibilities to be "affected" by the alcohol.

Yes the recipes are not new but you can see all the traffic up through the present on those threads (including Orfy's original mild thread). Two of the most popular recipes on HBT :)

Wow. These posts are a decade old...must be somethin' good! :rockin:

Biermuncher has several lower abv beers, this was centennial blond, but you can also try his cream of three crops and a lower abv Sierra Nevada clone he called Nierra Sevada.

Aside from those, I like several English styles that have a lot of flavor for a lower gravity, ordinary bitter or mild come to mind. Another is a Guinness draft clone, usually in the 4% range.

I keep a keg of water on tap... all my beers can be under 5% if I want. And the kids like to drink the "fizzy water".

If you don't keg then this was no help.

Back