Love LCD flicker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
I'm working on wiring a Love controller into my Sanyo fridge and I got it all working except every now and then the LCD will flicker. The temperature reading is always fine, but there are some dots around the outside that have a little flicker. I double checked all my wiring is everything looks good. I even tried to pigtailed the hot line instead of using a jumper cable.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I would send it back while still under warranty if it is a new unit. As long as you checked all the wiring it sounds like a defective unit.

I'm working on wiring a Love controller into my Sanyo fridge and I got it all working except every now and then the LCD will flicker. The temperature reading is always fine, but there are some dots around the outside that have a little flicker. I double checked all my wiring is everything looks good. I even tried to pigtailed the hot line instead of using a jumper cable.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

+1 on a possible defective controller. You could also be having small power surges or spikes on the AC power line generated by the Sanyo Refrigerator compressor kicking on and off affecting your controller. Try plugging the power source for the controller in to an outlet on a different circuit. I am a high end audio buff and have a seperate line to the box for my audio equipment. I have experienced funnies generated by household appliances on the same line in the past. I will be damned if I will allow spikes or surges effect the operation or damage my expensive audio equipment.

Audio_System.jpg

I thought about that and did try a different circuit. I'm going to contact Dwyer on Monday since I ordered the unit direct from them. It's really weird since the main part of the LCD is fine. It's just a random flicker on the outer edge; otherwise it's working great. I'm leaning more towards a defective LCD then anything else.

Sawdustguy wrote: I am a high end audio buff and have a seperate line to the box for my audio equipment. I have experienced funnies generated by household appliances on the same line in the

I am a beer buff with a dedicated power circuit just for the brewery;)
Your custom turn table is an engineering marble, great job.

adx wrote: I'm working on wiring a Love controller into my Sanyo fridge and I got it all working except every now and then the LCD will flicker. The temperature reading is always fine, but there are some dots around the outside that have a little flicker. I double checked all my wiring is everything looks good. I even tried to pigtailed the hot line instead of using a jumper cable.

Adx which model do you have?
Most Love controllers use LED's and the flickering you see could be one of the
LED dots showing which output, alarm, etc. is on.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I talked to an engineer at Dwyer today and they said that it would either be a bad LCD or an input voltage problem. I've since moved the fridge to the basement onto a circuit with only a couple lights on it and it has been fine.

Never buy a house built in the early 80s that's all electric. The way things are wired in this house is just funky.

I've since moved the fridge to the basement onto a circuit with only a couple lights on it and it has been fine.

Moving the fridge back to the old location should bring the problem back.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Your custom turn table is an engineering marble, great job.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I designed and built the turntable myself. I have a neighbor who owns a machine shop. He taught me how to use his lathe and Bridgeport and let me work on the weekends while he was doing his weekly paperwork at the shop. It didn't turn out too bad. I am in the midst of building the tonearm. The tonearm design is based on the Schroeder Reference Tonearm.

Turntable_Top.jpg

Latest posts

Back