Louis Pasteur

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVarmy

Reaction score
For my college French course, I need to do a project on a famous French person. I choose the father of modern biology, Louis Pasteur. I've heard him called the father of modern zymurgy, so I was wondering if anyone had any sources about Pasteur's relation to brewing.

I hate to ask you guys to do my homework, but please do my homework?:fro:

sources? Dont think any brewers have many "History of Pasteurization" books lying around. Just make sure to mention that most homebrewers dont pasteurize, the commercial breweries do, though. Without him we wouldnt know exactly what made beer, beer. Back in the old days of beer, mash paddles were passed down from family member to family member and thats how yeast were transferred from batch to batch.
-Jefe-

There loads of stuff on Pasteur, and related . first do it the easy way( and I can see you think that way already ) "Google Books" is your best friend . The documentary film I am making on "Allsopps" was the first brewery in history to hire a full time chemist.

Here's a start to your homework :

http://www.pasteurbrewing.com/

So, do you not have access to either Google or a library?

Folks born after 1990 only know the library as the room full of books you cut through to get to the cafeteria.

In medical school they have a few comfy couches for a quick afternoon nap.

Yes we get naps, but we also spend 14 hours a day at school studying.

Back