Losing pressure on regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prjectmayhem

Reaction score
Help! I am losing co2 pressure from my set up that uses this regulator ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QAP6JC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 ) - I lost a whole tank in only one keg, so the leak seems to be very slight. I keep the co2 in the kegerator as i don't have a way to get lines into the fridge from the outside, and no drills. To look for leaks I have done the following: - Connected just the regulator with shut off valves closed, pressure holds steady.

-opened the vales so they went to just the ball locks which are disconnected, pressure holds

- Connected each hose one at a time to a keg and sprayed the keg lid and regulator with soapy water, no real bubbles anywhere but psi in regulator continues to drop ~30psi per day.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this? Co2 is getting expensive !

Last edited by a moderator:
If everything is solid and tight up to the QDs, then obviously the leak is in one or more of your kegs.

The gas post/QD connection can leak, due to a damaged, deformed or burred post, or a bad O-ring, and may be hard to detect since it's hidden. Same for all the dip tube O-rings, although your keg(s) would go flat when they leak. Submerge kegs with QD attached in water (bathtub, pool)?

What do you mean with "psi drops 30 psi per day?"

That sounds like a lot, must be visible somewhere, somehow. The only way to know how much you're actually losing is by weighing the tank periodically. I would certainly do that.

You sure it's not a leak in the regulator system, the tank to regulator connector, or the tank valve itself? You probably know this, that valve should be opened all the way, not just one or 2 half turns, so it compresses the top valve packing.

The gauges can leak.
Can you hear gas rushing anywhere in or near the regulator?

If none of those, it must be in the kegs.

Latest posts

Back