• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy a new brew keddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 44 quart and 64 quart versions. Both are really good basic kettles. If you are planning on using it for BIAB it may be a little small. I started with a 7.5 gallon kettle and it was way to small for full boil 6 gallon batches (smallest batch I brew to finish with 5.25 gallons into the keg). I like the 64 quart because it allows me to brew up to 13 gallon batches easily.

Can I use the false bottom as a way to keep the hop leafs out of the Spigot?

Have you looked into the new Anvil line? It looks very intriguing to me. I have no experience with anvil though.

When I use whole leaf, I use a bazooka tube as well as the false bottom. For pellet hops, I use a 300 micron kettle screen.

Would using a nylon strainer bag work the same as the micron screen?

I found one on my LHBS website that is 600 MICRON. Would that work?

I think that 600 micron might be fine for whole leaf, I would want something in the realm of 400 micron for pellet hops. With my kettle screen, 300 micron can get clogged if I have too much in it.

When I use whole leaf, I use a bazooka tube as well as the false bottom. For pellet hops, I use a 300 micron kettle screen.

What size hop screen should I use for a 10 gal pot making 6 gal batches?

Would I be able to put this in the middle of the kettle and put my wort chiller around it? Is it heavy enough to stand alone?

Latest posts

Back