Looking forward to first brew in 2 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heineken

Reaction score
After a 2-year hiatus, I'm finally returning to brewing. We moved into a smaller home for awhile and didn't have the room or setup. We are now back in New Hampshire and starting all over. I got rid of most of my equipment except kegging stuff so figuring out what i want and need. Since this is my second time around, I know a lot more about whats needed, things you can go cheap vs. not. Anyway, good to be back and seeing Homebrew Talk going strong!

I'm thinking an IPA but haven't decided. My sons getting ready to turn 21 so want to brew something he'll like as well.

How'd ya quit the first time? Tell me, my wife wants to know.

I've had a lot of success with IPA's here in Southern NH. I got my water tested and it seems to fit the profile:
PH 7.7
Ca 47ppm
Ma 6ppm
Na 9ppm
SO4 5ppm
Cl 24ppm
CO3 135ppm

Totally misconstrued your topic. Thought you just brewed your first batch and it was a sour :p

How'd ya quit the first time? Tell me, my wife wants to know.

It wasn't easy but really had no choice since we moved. However, I think once its in your blood, its tough to give it up.

Isn't there a Brew Free or Die home brewing club?

Cool... I took several years off while completing graduate coursework and other conflicts..... Got the itch back one day and have been much more motivated about brewing ever since. looking to brew batches 34,35,36 of 2013 this week. I dedicated a day or two to simply clean everything I had, and I also replaced all my plastic. Rededicated myself to the hobby and have been a much, much better brewer ever since.

In the same boat. I took a few years off, and started my business. I thought about brewing often but just didn't have the time or energy.

These past couple weeks I've been going through my gear; cleaning, repairing, buying new. I've bought some supplies for a batch or two. Hops and yeast. I still have base malt, unmilled, that's been in airtight storage in my basement. I figure it'll make drinkable beer. If not I'll drink it anyway.

Back