Looking for Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rigglet

Reaction score
I'm made five brews so far. Two (an English pale ale and a Scottish ale) are completely finished and are pretty tasty. I bottled a chocolate porter this weekend which is pretty good so far, but I'm sure it will be better after a few weeks of bottle conditioning. And I've got a Strawberry-Rhubarb Belgian blond finishing in the secondary which will be bottled next weekend and an America wheat which will be getting blueberry and vanilla flavoring which was just brewed yesterday.

I'm looking for suggestions for future brews. I am not a "hop-head" so I don't really care of overly hopped beers. I usually stay on the sweeter side of the spectrum. Unfortunately I don't have a setup for lagering yet, so please keep that in mind when making suggestions.

I love this hobby and I really want to venture into some new beer styles.

Thanks for the suggestions! :mug:

Sounds like you'd like a Belgian wit. Also, I recently brewed the Fuggles IPA from Midwest Supplies and it's quite good. Dont think over-the-top American IPA. Its more of an english bitter and is very smooth and mellow with great hop complexity; I'm always surprised that it's just one hop variety in the beer.

Also, if you like Magic Hat #9 you could brew the clone the Can You Brew It guys made.

What about a nice, fruity Hefeweizen? If you like sweet that is. I'm also getting ready to brew a honey cream ale which i'm hoping will be quite sweet.

English,Scottish,& Irish ales are all malt forward brews. Low bitterness,some hop flavor/aroma. Definitely some to play with.

great suggestions... If you're looking for something different that the English/Scotch ales, consider the Wit/Hefe suggestions.

rigglet said:
I'm made five brews so far. Two (an English pale ale and a Scottish ale) are completely finished and are pretty tasty. I bottled a chocolate porter this weekend which is pretty good so far, but I'm sure it will be better after a few weeks of bottle conditioning. And I've got a Strawberry-Rhubarb Belgian blond finishing in the secondary which will be bottled next weekend and an America wheat which will be getting blueberry and vanilla flavoring which was just brewed yesterday.

I'm looking for suggestions for future brews. I am not a "hop-head" so I don't really care of overly hopped beers. I usually stay on the sweeter side of the spectrum. Unfortunately I don't have a setup for lagering yet, so please keep that in mind when making suggestions.

I love this hobby and I really want to venture into some new beer styles.

Thanks for the suggestions! :mug:

Some more ideas are:

Belgian Dubbel
Belgian Quad
Strong Scotch Ale

Might be worth buying some commercial examples of styles, picking your favorites, finding clones, making a schedule...and then begin developing your own recipes.

Cheers!

Back