Looking for suggestions on gas routing with new rims

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidman

Reaction score
Just got an awesome new rims set up and trying to incorporate it into my single tier brew stand. I have a brass line for my gas that is directly below the end of the burners that unfortunately would be in the way of where I want to mount it. So I see three options, two of which I am not sure are very safe and I was hoping to solicit some input.

Way 1 would just be to secure the rims tube to the brass gas pipe with some sort of stand off. It appears to be heavy duty enough just not sure of the heat that would be thrown off by the rims tube.
Way 2 would be to flip the gas piping to the topside. I have heatshields around the burners but I that would put the line closer to heat.
Way 3 would be to move the gas line to the bottom rail and then add some flex tubing up to the burners.

any thoughts?
018.JPG
017.JPG

this is a poor pic of my stand, but I have mine mounted just in front of the tun with welded on bent 'arms'. So far, no issues, but I don't direct fire to my tune...

those brass lines are tidy, I will have to look at cleaning up my NG supply...

IMG_20180128_1723548.jpg

What about mounting it vertically on one of the legs? I've heard there can be issues with localized boiling from a horizontal mount too, if you don't have enough of an angle to let the bubbles flow up.

Another spot you might be able to use is below the pumps close to the ground. It would be nice there too because it would essentially self prime with gravity so you don't risk any dry fire issues.

Latest posts

Back