Looking for stirplate with plastic box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakeyfour

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to stir plates made with plastic boxes? I remember seeing one a while ago but can not find it by searching. I did find one made with extremely cheap tupperware, but the one I saw had a sturdier plastic box.

hope someone can help.

Use a project box from Radio Shack. I recommend the 8x6, as it gives you more surface area for larger starters. In fact, I just used mine tonight for a starter for my Baltic Porter.

I've got about a dozen metal switch boxes from my IT department that I will be making into stirplates. Any particular reason your has to be plastic? Conductivity?? Ease of cutting?

At any rate, I second the RS project boxes. Or stroll around Wal-mart and see what look interesting to you.

easier to cut work with. With a little silicone and a snap on lid will be spill (me) proof. The one I saw and am looking for used a tupperware type plastic box that looked a lot more sturdy than the disposable ones I saw when I was searching yesterday. It looked like the lid clamped on not just snap on.

easier to cut work with. With a little silicone and a snap on lid will be spill (me) proof. The one I saw and am looking for used a tupperware type plastic box that looked a lot more sturdy than the disposable ones I saw when I was searching yesterday. It looked like the lid clamped on not just snap on.

Looking for something like this?
http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=class|4531

Back