looking for Rodenbach... trade or sell????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halosld

Reaction score
I'm starting to get very intrested in sour beers and i keep reading that rodenbach is a classic exaple of a sour. Never tried one but im goin to be brewing one in about 2 weeks. Im in the military stationed in Italy, obv great craft beer is hard to get here, so badically i was wonderinf if anyone can but and sell me a bottle or 2 or trade for something else. Can anyone help???

I'm starting to get very intrested in sour beers and i keep reading that rodenbach is a classic exaple of a sour. Never tried one but im goin to be brewing one in about 2 weeks. Im in the military stationed in Italy, obv great craft beer is hard to get here, so badically i was wonderinf if anyone can but and sell me a bottle or 2 or trade for something else. Can anyone help???

Here in the States, Rodenbach is generally available as a 'shelf beer' in most markets at around $10 USD. If you get domestic rates to an APO address it might be not be that costly to ship, though I'm unclear about APO shipping restrictions and customs regulations. International shipping on a couple of 750mLs would be pricey.

From a pure cost perspective, you might be better off just ordering from them directly: http://store.palmbreweries.com/italy/rodenbach/specials-en.htm?or=1628128725&cu=euro

Etre Gourmet is another good option for ordering hard to find sour beers.

This is not the answer you are looking for, but why don't you take some leave, and go on a road trip to Belgium and go on a few brewery tours! Buy a couple cases of Rodenbach, Boon, and while you are at it, stop at St Sixtus and get a case of Westvleteren 12. The westys are much cheaper from St sixtus compared to the black market. Oh, I almost forgot Hanssens artisanal. Their scarenbecca kriek is supposedly one of the best produced.

I was never able to figure out how to ship to an APO or receive alcohol to my APO at the time. you might have to find a friend who lives off base with a local address then possibly you could buy online.

Also look for stuff from Panil in Torrechiara. Their Barrique is a Flanders red style like rodenbach, and much more interesting to my taste.

Latest posts

Back