Looking for old or unwanted malt, hops, and grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you saved up the money you are offering for shipping you could just buy the ingredients, or am i crazy to think that? a sack of base malt can be as low as $30 and a pound of, say, cascade is $10 or so. yeast $3-7. the whole premise of this thread makes no sense.

seriously...this guy is either full of feces or simply up to something stupid. who needs volunteer firefighters "in the middle of nowhere" anyway?

i will contribute $1 towards a 12pack of keystone light for the guy if we can close this begging thread already. who's in?

Instead of brewing maybe you should use that time to find a job? Idk

In some places they pay firefighters, just a though. Or are you just staying for the water?

Ok.. this is just me!
but has anyone not thought that this could be a Minor!?? anyone can say they are of any age on here..
if he is a minor maybe he can not find anyone to buy him the ingredients as the Local brew house wont sell it to him because hes a child!

I dont know but that was the First thing that came to mind for me!

^^ You don't have to be 21 to buy brewing supplies, so I doubt he is a minor.

To the OP, if you are down on your luck and have no job, are you not on food stamps or welfare? I think there was a thread on here and apparently you can buy malt with food stamps since it is a food product.

He has another begging thread Yooper locked... she tried to call him on it and it was like he didn't even hear her, just said that he would like some malt donations lol. This is really funny stuff. The other good one I've seen is where a supposed "college student who lost all his equipment in a flood" was just straight asking for beer donations. Finally people got pissed enough he admitted he was just trying to get free beer.

So if I go on welfare I can still brew? You better believe I would take advantage of that!.....Get a Job or stop trying to brew like you stopped trying to get a job....

If you're begging for ingredients, you're not designing a beer, you're looking for free alcohol. Brewing is a hobby. If you can't afford a hobby, it's dead weight. Sell your equipment and pay your rent.

I have 4oz of LME and about 5 pellets of fuggles, 4 pellets of cascade and maybe about a quater vial of white labs yeast. I'm sure you can make a solid half gallon of beer with it. What's your address, I'll go to the post office right now and send it over night.

Pick some berries, smash them, add some water, let it spontaneously ferment, and drink.

stay away from dingle berries... they're non-fermentable.

I have 4oz of LME and about 5 pellets of fuggles, 4 pellets of cascade and maybe about a quater vial of white labs yeast. I'm sure you can make a solid half gallon of beer with it. What's your address, I'll go to the post office right now and send it over night.

Overnight it!!! wooooohhoooooooooooo!!:ban:

Man I had forgotten about this thread... I thought it got closed. Maybe that was the OTHER begging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back