Looking for my first all grain to brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CourtHouseBrewing

Reaction score
I'm new to brewing and new to this forum. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

I am ready to switch to all grain recipes. I am looking for something light in color and easy to drink as a summer beer. I’m not worried about the ABV, just color and taste. All the extract brewing is always darker than I think it should be.

For equipment:

10 Gal HLT with ball valve and thermometer
10 Gal round cooler mash tun with sparge head in top.
7.5 Gal brew pot
20’ Wort Chiller
6.5 Gal carboy
5 Gal carboy
23 Yrs. old son for second set of hands. Lol…

Thanks for the help.

I asked this same question the other day and most people pointed me to Edwort's Haus Pale Ale (in recipes under Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale I think).

From what I was told its easy to brew as a first time (only one mash step) and its a great beer.

Just a little secondhand suggestion! Good luck!

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde is under 4 SRM and extremely easy drinking. If you pitch the proper amount of yeast and keep fermentation in the lower temp range for the first few days, it can turn around very fast.

The Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale is in the primary. It looks awesome, thanks for the help. Next I'll try the BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde.

Post Boil Gravity was 1.070, which was higher than our expected 1.065.
2 weeks fermentation and then 7 days with dry hops.
Thanks for the help guys.

Back