Looking for my first all grain recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seph

Reaction score
Fellow home brewers, I am planning on taking the plunge this weekend and am looking for an easy, yet tasty, all grain IPA.

I have four fermenters of saison going in my basement from a group brew day a week and a half ago. I plan to pitch my IPA onto the yeast cake of the saison, and transfer one of the fermenters of saison to a secondary vessel (but not in that order). :drunk:

Does anyone have a good recipe that I can take to the LHBS this weekend and come home with a great belgian IPA brew day?

Thanks in advance, :mug:

Seph

I'm not feeling the whole pitching onto saison yeast cake: I'd go for Nottingham's- no starter. A simple and effective grain bill for a west coast ipa could be something like this:

12 lbs American pale malt
1 lb caramel malt (40 lovibond)

Centennial, cascade and Columbus hops are safe choices- it's an ipa so let freedom ring. Simple grain bills are effective especially for showcasing hops.

One of my first all grain (BIAB) recipes used Belgian Saison yeast. It turned out pretty good.

9 lbs 2-Row
5 lbs Wheat Malt
1 lb Crystal-40

1oz Summit, 50min
1oz Liberty, 15 min
1oz Willamette, 5 min
2oz Cascade Dry hops

I mashed 60 minutes at 154* for a medium body.

Latest posts

Back