Looking for breweries in houston.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3hutson

Reaction score
I'm traveling in houston this week. I've browsed untappd and yelp and decided tonight I'll check out hay merchant and the flying saucer. I can't seem to find any breweries with pubs...(I live a mile from bells) so maybe I'm just spoiled in this respect.

Anyone have any suggestions?

St Arnold's has some brewery nights during the week and a big day on Saturday. But out of the 4 I know of, none of them have pubs that are regularly open (St Arnold's, Karbach, No Label and Buffalo Bayou).

Texas law just recently allowed small breweries to sell on site, so beforehand they had little incentive to sell food there.

Texas state laws are a little funny like that. Recently, laws have become more brewpub friendly. At least here in Dallas, a lot of brewpubs are in the works, but not open yet.

Looks like Saint Arnold's has their taps open weekdays from 11:00 to 1:15 for lunch and 3:00 to 4:15 , outside of their weekly Saturday tour. I can't really speak for the other smaller breweries though.

Wow that explains my difficulty finding places. This merchant place is LEGIT though.

For good selection of Texas beers (and lots of others), check out Spec's. It's a small chain of stores and has the best selection of beer I've seen in Texas anywhere.

Great thanks. The hay market was awesome, I'll definitely be back there before I leave. I I'll hit up Chinatown tonight for dinner. Thinking the Banana Leaf looks good.

Back