looking for an IPA to try out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
I have tried a few ( don't remember which ones, but they were store bought, and i can not tell say anything else besides that they were IPA's) and i did not care for them. I figured I would like to try a few Home brew style but not sure which ones to go for. So I am looking for suggestions. I understand It is a broad suggestion, but I am one who will try anything once, and sometimes 2-3 times. Since i Have started brewing (Nov. of 2017) the only thing that I have brewed more than once is a Boston Ale Clone. So I am being very experimental.

Perhaps you could share what you didn't like about the ipa so everyone can point you towards something more your taste. It took quite some time before I enjoyed even a pale ale. I have always enjoyed amber ales and browns though. It just seems to take some adjusting to appreciate the bitter and intense flavors of an IPA

I'd think you can find a lot of IPA recipes here and on other sites ..... you just have to brew 'em and figure out which ones you want to keep and which ones you never brew again! Some (including me), prefer to experiment with 1 gallon brews - it's easier to drink a sixer of brews you don't like, than it is to drink 5 gallons of it. Although, I do have to say, I once brewed a Simcoe SMaSH beer that tasted terrible for the first bottle or two, now it's one I brew every so often - I developed a taste for it after a couple of beers! Just my 2 cents .....

Latest posts

Back