Looking for a good recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonbrewmister

Reaction score
Where I work we sell craft beers. some I didn't even think were a thing,and I was looking into some recipes but I was wondering if there was anything original anyone could give me that would be nice. for someone very familiarized with seasonal and foreign beer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Try giving some more info on what you like. This would be like me asking "Hey, I'm looking for a car, but I don't know what to buy. I've seen Ferrari's and Toyota's and Fords driving around."

Where I work we sell craft beers. some I didn't even think were a thing,and I was looking into some recipes but I was wondering if there was anything original anyone could give me that would be nice. for someone very familiarized with seasonal and foreign beer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brandon,

That aint much to go on, but here is a seasonal, foreign-ish hybrid wheat ale I just brewed that is "Supa-fahn-tahst-eek!" I got the basic from a Sam Adams Summer Ale clone, but switched some stuff around to achieve the results I wanted.

Catalina27 Summer Wheat
5 gallons
All Grain
1.051OG → 1.012FG → 5.1%ABV 34 IBU 3.1°L SRM

YEAST
Wyeast 1010 - American Wheat 4.23 ounces

FERMENTABLES (10 pounds)
>Pilsen: 35ppg, 1°L 5 pounds 50%
>Wheat: 37ppg, 2°L 3.5 pounds 35%
>Flaked Red Wheat: 35ppg, 2°L 1 pound 10%
> CaraPils: 32ppg, 2°L 8 ounces 5%

MASH/LAUTER/SPARGE
1 hour, 7.25 gallons
Mash Strike Water:3.38 gallons at 168°F (I batch sparge- that's why so high)
Sparge Water: 4.00 gallons at 170°F

BOIL
1 hour, 6 gallons
>Herzbrucker hops- 1 ounce
60 minutes
>Perle hops- 1 ounce
20 minutes

ADJUNCTS
>Lemon Rind (or zest) 1 oz.
15 minutes
>Paradise seeds- (thoroughly crushed) 1 gram
15 minutes

FERMENTATION
14 days, single stage
Start fermentation
63°F
I Contemplated adding a secondary with Sorachi Ace dry hop, but no one carries Sorachi Ace.
How does it taste? Just the hint of lemon and paradise hits the palate after the initial taste, then gives way to noble hop flavoring and finishes with the yeast and malt finale. Mouthfeel is light yet solid. Plenty of wheat chewiness and brisk pilsner. This is a fantastic beer!

Back