Portland Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbsmann

Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with the Portland Maine area and the beer scene, I am looking for some recommendations. My wife and I will be vacationing there this fall and we are big fans of New England IPA's as well as BA stouts. Looking mainly for good breweries, but nice tap houses are also acceptable. Thanks.

If you want to travel a little north, Maine Brewing Co. is just south of Freeport. L.L. Bean is just a little further up the road in
freeport.
The Porthole is a nice outdoor dining option. We go there because they are dog friendly on the deck, and we never travel without our fur kids.
We vacation in Maine every year. My brother has a house near Belfast and a day in Portland is always on our agenda.

Allagash Brewing is in Portland. They have a tasting room and brewery tours if you are interested.

Last edited:
Also in the same area as Allagash Brewing are several other smaller breweries as well as a great distillery (New England Distillers). They are all in this former industrial park type area, can practically walk from one to another. Also in Portland, along the waterfront part of town, is Shipyard Brewing along with many others, including Gritty's which I like. In that same downtown waterfront area are many shops and restaurants, terrific place to walk around. I love visiting Portland, enjoy.

Back