Looking for a fun, interesting beginner recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datahappy

Reaction score
Hey, all, first post.

So, I just finished bottling a cider, my first-ever, on-my-own brew. I used a recipe I found on here, but am not sure how to link it from the app.

Anyway, tomorrow, I'm starting my first beer, a Milk Oatmeal Stout (also from these forums), and would love to do another beer along with it.

Any suggestions? I'd like something that's a challenge, yet accessible. I'm open to any fun style.

Thanks!

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde is a good basis for playing with hops and generally getting your brew routine in order. It's a basic, tasty, quaffable beer if brewed properly. It is a light pale ale, so you really need to take care of your yeast and mind your hopping IBUs. If you overdo the bittering hops and/or stress your yeast, you will taste it and will learn from the experience.

If you brew big dark beers from the start you may miss all of the flaws buried under the malt. Making a clean pale ale will teach you the importance of properly caring for yeast (starters, oxygenation, and temperature control) and the differences between bittering, flavor, and aroma hops.

Do a Belgian style using some some specialty grains...sugars....and a good trappiste yeast.

I'm partial to Belgian beer. :D

Hey, all, first post.

So, I just finished bottling a cider, my first-ever, on-my-own brew. I used a recipe I found on here, but am not sure how to link it from the app.

Anyway, tomorrow, I'm starting my first beer, a Milk Oatmeal Stout (also from these forums), and would love to do another beer along with it.

Any suggestions? I'd like something that's a challenge, yet accessible. I'm open to any fun style.

Thanks!

What kind of commercial beers that you have had seem to give you ideas?

Back