looking for a couple clones please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
looking at making a moosedrool clone brewed out of missoulla mt, black dog ale clone out of bozoman mt or a pilsner urquell out of czech, anybody have any close clones

new to brewing so probably ectract for now but if you have the other I will learn, thats the benefit to being new is the amout of beer you can drink on your journey to learn

Great taste in beer. Moosedrool and Black Dog are two of my favorites. Austin Home Brew has a clone kit for Moosedrool that's really close. It's on sale right now too. Can't help with the Black Dog. The BYO 150 Clones magazine has a recipe for Big Sky's Powder Hound thats really good too.

scoutman is the one from austin the ahs black ale or what is the name of the one you found thats close to moosedrool

From Clonebrews:

Pilsner Urquel

.5 lb 2.5L German Light crystal malt
2 oz German Munich malt

Steep in 1/2gal @150F for 20 min

Add water to 1.5gal total volume, bring to boil & add
6 lb M&F extra light DME
3.67oz Czech Saaz (3%AA) (bitter hop)

Add water to 2.5gal total volume & return to boil for 45 min.

Add 1oz Czech Saaz (flavor hop)

Boil 12 min then add

1 oz Czech Saaz

Cool wort & top to 5 Gal.

Pitch Wyeast 2278 Czech Pilsner Lager Yeast
or
Wyeast 2007 Pilsen lager yeast

Ferment 5-7 days or until fermentation slows (42-52F) then transfer to secondary
Dry hop with:
.5 Oz Czech Saaz

Bottle when fermentation is complete w/
1 1/4 cup M&F Extra-light DME

fshnne1... the AHB clone is actually called a Moose Drool Clone. Type Moose Drool in the search box. The 150 Clones book from BYO has a recipe for a Slow Elk too IIRC.

BTW, my post came from the "international version" of Clonebrews.

While some of the international beers they have I understand, It'd be far easier for me if I could have one that has primarily North American beers. There is some damn tastey stuff around, and the recipes are really pretty straight forward.

I still need to get my hands on the US version.

Latest posts

Back