Looking for a 4-Pressure Secondary Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoWingo

Reaction score
I'm trying to over-build my four-tap kegerator to support as many options as possible so I'm looking for a secondary regulator that can support four different pressures. My thought is that this would provide total flexibility to run different types of beers, sodas, root beer, rum & coke...whatever we might decide to do with it. :mug:

In my search for 4-way secondary regulators so far, here's what I've found:

Has anyone here ever gone this route? I'm not really sure what makes one of these regulator sets any better than another. Some are prettier (the Micro Matic and the Kegco LH-54S-4), but who cares? Only one is sold with check valves. Isn't not having check valves on a multi-keg system was a big no-no, or is the risk of damaging regulators overblown? Why are the prices so wildly different between them? Is one any better than another?

What matters? What should I really be looking for here?

Thanks.

Can we simply toss the Kegco regs in the trash where they belong and cut this question down to actual contenders?

That makes it easy: faced with this question, I'd get the Taprite 4-reg bank set - with check-valves of course - and never look back...

Cheers!

Can we simply toss the Kegco regs in the trash where they belong and cut this question down to actual contenders?

That makes it easy: faced with this question, I'd get the Taprite 4-reg bank set - with check-valves of course - and never look back...

Cheers!

Definitely get the check valves. If you don't, the first time beer blows back into your regulator you'll wish you weren't so cheap. I also second the Taprites.

Brew on :mug:

Don't shoot yourself in the foot. Buy the good stuff once and use it and save up for the next addition. Some units just do not last and you do not want a problem that could have been avoided.

Thanks, guys. Glad I ran this by y'all first.

So it sounds like the verdict is the Kegco regulators are junk and the check valves are a requirement. Looks like I'll be going with the Taprite.
:mug:

Alright, sorry, but I have one more question. When I went to actually buy the Taprite regulators, I realized that the T1694STC-01 check valve version at BeverageFactory is pass-thru (has a 5/16" barb outlet on each end). A little more digging seemed to reveal that practically nobody carries the T1694STC check valve non-pass-thru version.
:confused:

Any suggestions for safely and reliably capping the open end of that T1694STC-01?
Anybody know of somewhere that carries the non-pass-thru version?

Remain calm. All you need is a 1/4" MPT plug - and some teflon pipe tape.

But I guarantee if you call Beverage Factory and tell them you want to swap a barb for a plug they'll take good care of you...

Cheers!

Remain calm. All you need is a 1/4" MPT plug - and some teflon pipe tape.

But I guarantee if you call Beverage Factory and tell them you want to swap a barb for a plug they'll take good care of you...

Cheers!

Awesome. Thanks, day_trippr. I will call Beverage Factory tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Latest posts

Back