Look what you've done to me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leghorn

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've finally have enough pictures to show what 9 months of reading HBT posts have done to me. I do much more reading that posting (this is only my 50th), but I've found this forum tremendously helpful in advancing my home-brew skills. It all started in December, when I decided to make the 8-8-8 RIS (my 5th beer), and then it went like this...

Father's day gift of a turkey fryer allowed me to do my first full boil in July (first image).

That meant I had to have a chiller, so I followed advice on the forum to make a CFC (second image)

In August, I made Lakewalk Pale Ale (Recipe pulled from this forum) as my first partial mash, and followed advice on this forum for a manifold (third image)

The Lakewalk Pale Ale will give me a yeast cake large enough to support the 9-9-9 Barleywine I'll brew tomorrow (thanks again to this forum).

So, thanks everyone, and I wanted to share how your posts have help one fledgling home-brewer get better!

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

Nice setup you have there.

Your braid setup is exactly like mine.

That braid seems like it would work better than the straight braid with a plug in the other end.

Done any all-grain yet?

I've only done one partial mash with the circular braid, but all that I read indicated that was the best way to go. Once I get the process down, I'll move to AG. I'll admit I was at the hardware store at least 3 times buying, returning, and then buying again all those fittings.

I also used zinc plated steel washers on the bulkhead for the PM. Not good, I have a picture in my gallery of what it ended up looking like. I've since replaced with stainless steel washers.

Definitely has for the later of the two, JoMarky.

Now, a better person... depends who you ask :)

Back